Available November 2009!
The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2010 compiles some of the best analytical and historical writing on baseball with unique and innovative statistics into a timeless annual guide. This comprehensive book covers the entire 2009 season from the first pitch to the last out.
The goods in this year's Annual include:
- New articles by Bill James, Tom Tango, John Walsh, Craig Wright and the stable of writers at The Hardball Times
- Coverage of some of the hottest issues in baseball including a review of the thrilling 2009 World Baseball Classic; fun with PITCHf/x; an in-depth look at MLB's international development programs by Baseball America's Ben Badler; the state of relief and starting pitching; and how MVP and Cy Young candidates are really decided
- Bill James' new system for selecting players most likely (or least likely) to improve next season
- Team-by-team individual hitting, pitching and fielding numbers
- Team statistics and graphs
- Innovative statistics such as Win Shares, Win Probability Added, Batted Ball Results, and Base Runs
The Hardball Times Baseball Annual 2010 is an essential addition to any baseball library and the perfect gift for any baseball fan.